My first ever blog post!
So after showing friends and collegues some of my previous projects they said I should keep a blog showing my progress. So here it is :D
To see some of my previous projects and see my natural progression check my Deviant Art page @ http://awaken-benihime.deviantart.com
I'm currently working on an Iron Man helmet, from the movie.
Here are the steps I've already done, followed by the steps I still have to do.
- Find a Pepakura model of the helmet you want, print, cut and glue it together.
- Once assembled resin the outside to help firm up the card.
- Fiberglass the inside to give it strength.
- Use car body filler to build up the detail on the outside, in layers.
- Sand between layers.
- Spray with primer, this helps bring out the imperfections and you can also draw on some of the details.
- Use body filler to build up the detail, using files and sand paper to shape.
- Primer the whole thing, followed by further sanding with high grit sand paper.
- Mask off and spray the colours.
- Spray a protective coat of laquer.
Here are some pictures of it from yesterday.
So I got a lot of work done yesterday, but today the weather has taken a turn for the worst. When it's wet I can't get any sanding done :(
Let's hope for better weather.