Saturday, 28 November 2009
It's been two weeks since I finished Iron Man so the laquer's had good time to fully harden. So I thought why not begin the moulding work. Last night I had a bit of a play with the silicone rubber to make some keys for later. I had to check the the modelling clay I was going to use wouldn't stop the silicone from curing as some clays contain sulphur which does. Anyway all the keys set fine so today I began.
I started with prepping the helmet with clay and creating a skirt for the silicone to run onto.
I then start the moulding by mixing 200grams of silicone and painting it on. First dabbing the silicone in then using a circular motion to rub it in.
As always check the Flickr stream for more pictures.
-- Post From My iPhone