Friday, 17 June 2011

No progress :(

Bad weather this week so I couldn't get much time to work on the shield :(
When I get the weather I'll be looking at putting a back to the shield.


Wednesday, 8 June 2011

All detailing attached

Today I attached the last if the separate Pep details. These were simply attached by mixing some bondo and filling in the under side of the pieces. These are then placed and help in place for a couple of minutes. Use a decent amount of catalyst and it'll cure in no time.


Sunday, 5 June 2011

Bit more detailing

Didn't have much time to work on it today. I was able to add the bottom detail. The upper detail had warped after the polyurethane stiffening so I had remake the Pep.


Saturday, 4 June 2011

Triforce attached

I bought a new detail palm sander today and boy did it make quick work of the sanding. With the face well sanded I began thinking of how to attached the detail. I figured I better stiffen them first otherwise they might fold, so I did a quick polyurethane coat on the inside.
Once dried I sanded the Triforce piece to form over the shield face. I then attached it with some bondo.
As always lots of pictures in the gallery.