Sunday, 3 March 2013

Experimentation with stepper motors

I had a pair of stepper motors arrive on Friday so I spent the evening hooking them up to an Arduino Nano. Turns out they don't spin fast enough as they're geared down. I tried opening one up to remove the gearing but the motor proved to be too underpowered. So I've now go to find a motor small enough to fit, but with enough power to spin the clip.

Over the weekend I switched my attention back to the SMG. I thickened the centre layers and cut out a section to store the electronics. I also cut out a piece from the front where I'll be mounting the muzzle and other details. I then started the outer layers, creating fences and using body filler to build up to the fences.

Check out my gallery to see images of the gun and electronics build.


No comments:

Post a Comment